STRIP & WAX FLOORS
Strategic Restoration and Maintenance strip & wax floors in commercial buildings every day. 30 years of practice saves you time and money.
Stripping and Waxing VCT floors is not as easy as some think. Multiple cleaning steps have to be performed, in a specific order, to restore these vinyl floors to a sparkling, fresh and clean appearance. Prepping a floor properly is different for every job. Twenty coats of floor finish is typically equal to the thickness of a sheet of paper. Our clients trust Strategic's technicians to properly strip & wax floors because they know we have the experience to get it done right the first time.
How do you strip and wax a VCT floor?
- Determine condition of floor - How dirty it is and how many coats of floor finish exists
- Remove all furnishings
- Sweep and dry mop the floor
- Choose the stripping cleaning solutions and equipment
- Apply the stripping solution to the floor and let it sit form 10 minutes to an hour
- Scrub the floor
- Wet vac the floor removing the emulsified floor finish
- Rinse the floor multiple times
- Apply 3 to 6 coats of floor finish
What types of floors can be stripped and waxed?
- VCT or Vinyl Composite Tile Flooring is the surface most commonly maintained by stripping and waxing.
- Rubber or Cork floors can be protected using specialized finishes
- Most other vinyl surfaces like LVT (Luxury Vinyl Tile) typically should not be waxed
Are stripping cleaning solutions eco-friendly?
Most contractors use floor stripping products that are not odorless, so
- communication with the occupants
- the proper choice of stripping solutions
- proper machinery can make a big difference.
Most often you need to strip & wax floors in hallways, food service areas, bathrooms, classrooms, showrooms and service centers. If these floors are maintained properly they can help add to a healthy, germ-free environment. Call Strategic Maintenance and Restoration today for your Free estimate. 407-855-8584
Depending on the type of floor that the commercial area is fitted with, a different approach may be needed. Furthermore, different type of floors, such as natural stone, tiles, cork and rubber, require a special sealing and finish process. A sealer is a type of coating that will protect the flooring from stains, contaminants, and other types of grime. The sealing process does not only provide an extra layer of protection but also enhances the overall quality of the waxing process. Depending on the type of floor, up to 5 coats of wax may be applied for the best results.
Our experienced technicians are always ready to take on even the most demanding jobs, always working by the highest cleaning standards and under the guidance of the floor manufacturers.
There are two types of finishes that can be used for your floors:
- Is less expensive and less durable than polyurethane
- Will shows signs of wear after a short period of time
- Requires maintenance more often
- Requires a special chemical stripper in order to be removed
- Is more durable (up to five years if maintained correctly)
- Requires less maintenance
- Can be removed without chemical substances
- Is recommended by most floor manufacturers
Contact Us Today for a Free Quote
Call 407-855-8584 or submit a quote request online.